Investing in a new roof is such a thrill! It is an opportunity to completely revamp the appearance and integrity of your home. However, it also is a frightening decision, because you’ll live with your selection for a long period of time. Where will you start? Below are 7 things you ought to take into consideration before you make the final decision.
- Consider the climate in which you reside. The color of the roof shingles may affect the temperature of the attic by as much as 20℉ – 40℉! It may make a huge difference in the cooling or heating expense of your house. Light roof shingles are going to deflect the sun rays and assist in keeping temperatures down in warmer climates, whereas dark roof shingles absorb heat and assist homes in staying warm in cooler climates. In addition, dark roof shingles help ice and snow on the roof melt much faster.
- Consider the shingle color coordination of colors that are found somewhere else in the bricks, stone, wood siding, trim or stucco of your home. For instance, a black or dark gray roof will appear nice on a blue or gray home, whereas a cream, brown or tan colored residence is going to match a lot better with brown shingles or a mix of brown and cream. Red or green have more flexibility, as well as may be accented by black, gray, or brown.
- The colors of your home and your architectural style must also be kept in mind. Darker colors make a house appear smaller and lighter colors will make a house look bigger.
- If you want to be more traditional or you want to “make a statement,” choose an unusual color combination with your property.
- Neighborhood considerations like subdivision or homeowner’s association rules should be taken into account. It is also very nice if the roof does not exactly match or clash with the nearby neighbor’s roof.
- Consider the availability of hues in your area, because the color you want may not be available in your area.
- Look at what the color will actually look like in real life, not just online or in a brochure. Rainshield Roofing will bring samples of shingles to your house for you to see the color close to your siding or brick. It’ll make the decision-making process go a lot easier!
Choose a reputable roofing company
Before you select a roof color, get in touch with a qualified roofing expert, such Rainshield Roofing & Construction Inc. You pick the color and we will provide you with a quality installation that will keep your house gorgeous and protected from the weather conditions in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish or Island Counties for years to come. Call us at (888) 858-7663 for your free estimate.