Getting a quote for major projects like Roofing, Siding, Insulation or Weatherization work doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By educating yourself on the right questions to ask, you can gain a much better understanding of what to expect and when to expect it.
For over 30 years, Rainshield Roofing & Construction Inc. has been providing accurate estimates of anticipated costs for roofing, siding and Weatherization in Northwest Washington. Some of the projects Rainshield can provide a quote for include roofing (repair, replace or install), siding, soffit and fascia, gutters, insulation and home efficiency Weatherization.
There are a number of specific steps you can take to protect yourself and ensure that the work you are requiring will be done professionally and at the cost you anticipate.
- Ask the contractor who is providing the quote to confirm they are licensed specifically to do the work. Rainshield has all of the required licenses needed as well as the worker’s compensation and general liability insurance their customers have a right to expect. (Note: Inadequate insurance coverage could make the homeowner liable for injuries resulting from accidents on your property.)
- Request references and talk to them. Get at least a couple for projects similar to yours.
- Confirm that the contractor will obtain all of the necessary permits. You can rest assured that Rainshield has been abiding by these regulations for over three decades.
- Ask the company about their safety record. Do they have a history of accidents? Check their Washington State Labor and Industries profile online.
- How will variances to the original quote and change orders be handled? What are the issues that might arise that could result in changes to the quote?
- What are the payment and terms required? Will a deposit be required? If yes, when and how much.
- What are the materials to be used? Be sure to discuss colors and edge materials.
- Will ladder stabilizers be used to protect gutters?
- What is the timetable? When will work begin and how long will the entire project take? What happens in the event of bad weather?
- How will the project be warranted? Is the warranty specific to materials or will labor be covered as well?
- Will the contractor perform all necessary clean-up?
- Will a dumpster on-site be required? If yes, where will it be placed?
- Will all landscaping and lawn areas be protected?
- Get the name and mobile phone number of an on-site communication person that you can discuss issues or concerns with.
Rainshield Roofing & Construction Inc. has a reputation for top quality workmanship and reliability since 1988.
By getting a detailed quote that outlines the work, financial and qualification parameters of your project, you can go confidently into scheduling. Call Rainshield Roofing & Construction today at